the InSitu Furniture Presentation FAQ
Answers to Questions clients ask about our furniture staging services in Perth.
Property styling involves the use of a wide range of presentation and design techniques to improve the appeal of your home and help attract the greatest number of potential buyers.
Properties that are completely empty, property styling includes everything from small accessories and decorative pieces through to large furniture items. The aim of property styling is to improve the look and appeal of your home and therefore increase its sale price. By putting the expertise of a professional stylist to work when selling your home, you could gain an edge in a competitive market and maximise your profits as selling your largest asset is a big deal and you need to give it every chance to shine.
Property styling has many potential benefits for home sellers, including:
- Expert selections. Using a property styling service allows you to fill your home with furniture, accessories and decor that have been selected by an interior expert. Not only will these items fit the home perfectly and make the most of the available space but they will also create the look and atmosphere you want. Property stylists know how to get the best out of an interior and have experience in what it takes to attract more buyers.
- Appeal to a target demographic. Property stylists can use their expert knowledge to help you create a look and feel in your property that will appeal to a specific type of buyer. For example, if you want to attract a young family or maybe a professional couple in their twenties, the stylist can choose furniture and decorative items that will help create an appealing and attractive environment for your target buyer.
- Fill an empty home. Selling a property without furniture in it can be hard. Property styling allows you to add warmth and character, helping buyers see the potential for a welcoming home – far preferable to the empty shell they would otherwise see.
- Create a great first impression. First impressions are critical when you want to entice buyers to put in an offer for your home. Buying a home is an emotional decision for many people, so if you can create a stunning impression in the first 30 seconds after someone walks through the door they are much more likely to be hooked.
- Stand out from the crowd. When there’s an abundance of similar properties on the market, property styling can help your home stand above the rest.
- Attract more potential buyers. Property styling not only has a positive impact on buyers who are physically inspecting your property but also on people browsing real estate listings online. Beautiful photos of an expertly styled property will attract more interested buyers, which means more people through the door at an open house and a more competitive bidding market.
- Boost your sale price. The end goal of all the other benefits of property styling is to help you sell your home for a higher price than you would fetch otherwise.
Our contracts run for 5 weeks. We charge for 4 weeks and offer 1 week free. This allows for a typical 4 week sales campaign with a week for photography / marketing at the start of the contract.
On the day of installation, this is where everything comes together, all we ask is that the property be ready for us to do our job and that no other trades will be there on the day to delay our process. Also that nobody is living in the property the night prior! And that all personal items, furniture etc is entirely removed. The property must be clean and all the internal maintenance jobs have been done.
Upon arrival our operations team and one of our trucks plus the stylist will start unloading all the items from the truck and straight into the house into their designated rooms. The install process takes between 3 -6 hours depending on the size of the property.
Simply make sure the property is completely empty and clean! That all trades have done all their work and been through the home prior to us attending. We are usually the last involved to get your property in tip top condition to present to market. The only other service after us is the photographer.
InSitu not only can provide removalists but store all your furniture and items at preferred rates. Consider us as your one stop shop.
We require full payment upfront, an invoice will be sent prior to the installation day.
We are happy to work with you to integrate some of your items where possible into our styling. If we don’t think they will work we will be honest and the decision is yours. Remember, our goal here is to create the most appealing space to your buyers.
We don’t have packages as every property is different. Prices start from $1,500. Property Styling won't cost you money it will make you money or a quick sale!
At InSitu we have a vast inventory of items and the stylist chooses carefully for each room as to the look and feel of your property. We consider your target market and we pull together a cohesive scheme to suit both. We own all our furniture, artwork and accessories.
We own all our furniture, artwork and accessories which have all been selected from local suppliers and wholesalers.
We use high quality artificial plants for property styling, otherwise they tend to die during the campaign. We don’t work with outdoor plants.
No, we don’t offer the option for our clients to pick their furniture from our stock.
Styling is very subjective so we can’t promise that everyone will like every piece every time.
Remember, property styling is intended to create an overall feel that appeals to your buyers.
No, it is not practical for us to swap pieces based on personal preference.
Yes, we offer hire periods up to 12 months.
We reserves the right to remove the furniture after the paid hire period should the property be sold. Any free hire period is for the purpose of the sales campaign only.
Extensions are available with 5 days written notice from the expiry of the original hire period.
No. Property styling is designed to help you sell your property quickly for the highest possible price. We regularly have properties sell well inside the hire period.
Sometimes items can be for sale but if it’s generally a busy period then all stock is required for the business and won’t be sold off until our end of year sales.